Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Q's Day - New Foods?

Most of us have a few standard meals that we enjoy and feel comfortable eating.  We have the ingredients on hand, we know how long it takes to make, and we trust that it will turn out. 

There are many ways to approach meal prep and new meal ideas.  I am a recipe girl (yes I modify often, but I like to go off of something).  My husband is a creator - he makes it up and the same dish will never taste quite  the same.  In our house this just leads to greater variety.  If you are fed at our home you might be sampling a new recipe, which means that I have no idea how good it will be, but I like variety so I'm willing to take that chance (and you might not have an option if you're my guest!). 

We recently attended a local cooking class - I'll post more and photos later this week (so check back!).  Cooking classes are a great way to try new foods and learn new techniques.  One new food that we made was beef wellington - something I've seen on cooking/chef shows and always wanted to try.

With that in mind, today I ask:

What food/dish have you never tried, but are curious about?

As always, share comments, questions, answers, recipes, etc.

Thanks for sharing!
Steph (Wheler) Langdon, RD
something nutrishus counselling & coaching
www.nutrishus.com