Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Q's Day: Around the World

I wasn't sure what to ask you today.  Having just returned from Jamaica and some great jerk chicken, I started thinking about my favourite foods from the places I have been.  With that in mind, today I ask:

What is your favourite food from a different part of the world?

Feel free to answer however it makes sense to you.  It may be an international food that you enjoy in your home in Canada, or it may be something you had while traveling.  One food that I often think of and plan to attempt is Finnish karelian pie (Karjalanpiirakat).  At first we weren't sure what to think of these rice filled, rye pastries, but we came to enjoy them with their accompanying egg butter or as the base for an open-face sandwich.  


Every country has it's own food traditions and flavours - one of the many reasons I enjoy traveling so much!

I look forward to hearing from you,

Steph (Wheler) Langdon, RD
something nutrishus counselling & coaching
www.nutrishus.com