Thursday, December 31, 2015

Ending the Year With a List

There are all kinds of lists this time of year (best ____ of 2015, etc.). I thought it might be helpful to share a few recipes that I enjoyed making this year. I don't always use recipes, and we often enjoy things like smoothies (or smoothie bowls), salads (or as some people call then 'nourish bowls' or 'power bowls', etc.), stir-fries, soup, pasta, or a taco/burrito type of meal. These are ones that I found, I created, or someone recommended to me; either way, they are ones that I either have or will continue to make again. You can see more of what I'm cooking up on my instagram feed or Pinterest boards. Some are more of a treat and others could be staples in your repertoire.

Indian Spiced Oats with Coconut Milk
via @budget_bytes

Popeye Muffins (Banana Spinach Muffins)
via @TheGreenForks

Easy Tom Yum Gai
via @aboutdotcom
*we sometimes add vermicelli noodles

Freezer Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
via @LeanGrnBeanBlog

Asparagus Tart
via @tidymom

Tortilla Egg Cups
via @NutrishusRD (me!)

Beefed Up Hamburger Soup
via @NutrishusRD (me)

Kale, Barley, & Feta Salad
via @SweetPeasSaff

Bruschetta Salad
via @NutrishusRD (me)

Guacamole
via @AltonBrown

Jiggy Jiggy Greens
via @jamieoliver

Overnight Chia Oats
*I'm not actually sure where I got/adapted the recipe from, but here it is:

1 ripe banana, mashed
2 Tbsp chia seed
1/4 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup milk
1/3 cup oats
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1tsp vanilla

Combine, cover, and refrigerate over night. Enjoy! Serves 2, feel free to add yogurt, fruit, nuts, etc. in the morning as well.

Happy cooking and Happy New Year!

Cheers,
Steph Langdon, RD
www.nutrishus.com