Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Being Stephanie

I received Gretchen Rubin's The Happiness Project as a birthday gift and have been enjoying reading her goals and personal testaments.  One of her personal commandments is to "Be Gretchen" and that reminded me of a conversation I had years ago with a very inspiring person.  In that chat, we discussed the importance of being every part of who we are.  What does that mean?  For me that means, being:
- a wife/spouse/partner
- a daughter
- a sister
- a daughter-in-law
- a cousin
- a granddaughter
- an aunt (soon!)
- a dietitian
- a food lover
- a runner/active individual
- a yogi
- a cook
- a friend
- a dog lover
- a world traveller
- a craft lover
- a book worm
- an entrepreneur...

There are many roles that we fill each day and the important lesson I learned was that we have to remember to devote time to each role, rather than getting all wrapped up into one.  Spend time each day to fill those roles and be the best version of yourself.  Healthy eating and nutrition are a passion of mine because I try to take care of my well being, but that includes a work-life-balance, being active, attending social events, and curling up with a great book (for me anyways!).  In my upcoming blog posts I hope to help you become the best version of yourself and continue to nourish yourself so that you can do all of the things you love to do and fill all of the roles that make up your life.

Cheers,
Steph Langdon, RD
something nutrishus counselling & coaching
www.nutrishus.com