Sunday, May 17, 2015

What's Guiding You?

As stated previously, maternity leave and the transition to spending more time as a mom means that I have lots of blog post ideas, yet don't get around to writing often. I can't complain though, I am really enjoying my time away from technology and screens to watch my little one grow! I do spend time on social media for work (and pleasure) so it's a bit of an internal struggle for me and I continue to work on not comparing myself to the assumptions I have of others based on their social media presence. I am in my 30s and still trying to figure out my priorities and how to live my best life.

I love quotes and find solace and inspiration in them. A few that have hit home for me recently are below:




(*see more on my Pinterest board)

With hiah chat I hope to provide insight to encourage you along your wellness journey. I find that it's great to know how others can succeed and the challenges they face. In the Craving Change program that I facilitate there are lots of examples called "you are not alone" and it's a great way to gain some perspective. I am a busy-body and have a hard time relaxing, yet I look at others online at times and feel that I'm not doing enough - I'm not working out enough or eating healthily enough, etc. but I have a great husband that helps to ground me and remind me of what is important - thus my continued journey to find balance so that I can enjoy lazy evenings with him and cuddles with my daughter without guilt (this may be a lifelong struggle for me!).

I plan to write my guiding principles or personal manifesto as I figure it out as well as writing about the pieces that make up health. I also hope to start some discussion around eating principles as sometimes we have developed rules that may be sabotaging our efforts and other times they may help keep us on track. I'm not one for diets, as the term diet to me just means a way of eating. I don't feel the need to associate with a specific way of eating (be that vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, etc.) and am fortunate enough to not have allergies, intolerances, or medical reasons that I have to - the world of food is open and available to me and I explore it fully. I hope my blog continue to evolve as I do, and as I learn from others and from science.

Do you have 'rules' that you follow on your path to health and wellness?

Feel free to comment below...
Happy Sunday and have a great week!

Steph Langdon, RD
www.nutrishus.com