How to make them:
- Tear the leaves from a bunch of washed and dried kale into bite-size pieces.
- Toss with a thin drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil (a couple of teaspoons will do) and massage lightly into the leaves.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of salt, tossing to distribute. Or leave out the salt and add the seasoning of your choice, such as curry powder, smoked paprika, or whatever you have on hand or enjoy the taste of.
- Arrange leaves in a single layer on two large baking sheets.
- Bake at 350°F (180°C), switching baking sheets halfway through, until crispy and dark green (not brown), 10 to 15 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and dig in.
Steph Wheler, RD
something nutrishus counselling & coaching