Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Fight Back!

It's that time of year again, the seasons are changing and the temperatures are rising.  As our bodies adjust to new temperatures, we deal with dust in the air, and university students prepare for exams, we also may find that we're fighting a cold.  I've talked to a few people recently that are dealing with or just got over a runny nose and sore throat.  For Q's Day I try to stick with topics relevant to what's happening.  So today I'm asking:

How do you fight the common cold?

I typically focus on increasing liquids (water, tea, 100% juice) to help stay hydrated, as well as loosen mucus, and help my body remove germs and viruses.  I also focus on getting adequate rest and aiming to include a balanced diet with bright coloured fruits and vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins, and low fat dairy.

HealthCastle has some tips and a sample cold menu to help your immune system win the fight!

Feel well!
Steph (Wheler) Langdon, RD
something nutrishus counselling & coaching
www.nutrishus.com