Saturday, October 31, 2015

Day 31: The End

My goal this month was to post a blog every day, and here we are, the last day of October! I am slowly trying to finish my 101 in 1001 goals as the end date approaches, so this is one more to mark off. I have never created so many blog posts in so few days (31/31). It took some time and planning, but I do love the sense of accomplishment. I just hope you don't expect it to continue (or that I bored/lost you).


I am grateful for: goal setting

I like to have direction and of course, my desire to accomplish things is easily met with goal setting. Years ago I was told to set challenging goals, not just make checklists. I also know that goals need to be realistic and achievable. Goals can change and evolve as we do. We're all working towards something different, and I'm not even sure what my end target is, but these little goals help me each day and bring focus to my actions.

 

I am of course also grateful that people read my words. This blog is an outlet for me, but also hits on my goal/passion to inspire others. It is just me on a keyboard. I am a registered dietitian, but I'm also a wife, mother, daughter, sister, dog owner, traveller, lover of books, baker, entrepreneur, etc. So here, I get to share those things with you. My work goals currently keep me focused on moderation, mindfulness, and minimalism. As my husband says, they may not be sexy terms, because people know they should eat balanced, but prefer to seek superfoods or extreme diets/cleanses/detoxes. However, I do think they can be a pathway to a healthy life and wellness. You may prefer other terms, conscious indulgence, sustainable eating, etc. but they are all subjective and basically mean the same thing. Many dietitians also talk about the 80/20 rule as a form or balanced, healthy eating.


Today I celebrate this goal, and of course Halloween. Since I live a balanced life, that likely means I'll enjoy a bit of chocolate today too.

I hope you're challenging yourself, meeting goals, or setting new ones.
I'm going to have to look at November and see what I have in store for myself (and you).

Cheers!
Steph Langdon, RD