Friday, October 23, 2015

Day 23: A Breath of Fresh Air


We sometimes think of things as chores, and other times as privileges (the perspective I mentioned yesterday). I know it can seem like a hassle to get my dog, my daughter, and myself ready for an afternoon walk, but then I also remember how few people are able to get up from their work and get outside, stretch their legs, take their mind off things, and even get a little exercise.


Our weather also isn't always great, but it's still a break in my day and the flexibility is part of the reason I do what I do for a living.

I am grateful for: my daily walks


We share the dog-walking responsibilities more now that our daughter is in the picture. We also sometimes get to go for family walks. I am grateful not only for the walks I get, but the times where I get to stay in bed, stay warm in the house, or even just do something on my own while my husband walks the dog.

Someday we will have a backyard for him to run around in, but I hope we continue our walks, as I feel they're good for us in so many ways.

Have a break,
Steph Langdon, RD
www.nutrishus.com